Saturday, January 24, 2015

AOM Meditations: The Joy of Walking by Leo Babauta



the joy of walking 
by Leo Babauta of Zen Habits

"Today I set out from my house and walked. And walked.

I didn’t have a specific destination in mind, but wanted to walk a bit before finding a quiet place to write. So I walked, out of the town where I live and along the tropical, white-sand coastline, to the next town over.

As others drove cocooned in their cars, 
I walked, and emitted nothing but my breath.

As others spent their lunch hour pounding down fat-laden burgers and greasy fries or some other cheesy fried piled-high dish, 
I walked, and burned calories.

As others rushed and stressed, 
I walked, and took my time.

As others sat at their computers, 
I walked, and got my blood flowing.

As others held power business meetings and made deals, 
I walked, and had time to think.

As others were productive and got tasks done, 
I walked and got nothing done, and cleared my head.

As others had the comfort of shelter and air-conditioning, 
I walked and worked up a light sweat 
and was buffeted by the wind.

As a white gull floated serenely above a calm bay, 
I walked, and watched, and loved it.

I walked for an hour, then wrote and read, and then walked for another hour to get back home, tired but happy.

I can’t walk this much every day, but I walk as much as I can, because you need nothing to walk, you spend nothing, you consume nothing, you emit nothing.

And yet you have everything."


2 comments:

  1. hello from japan!

    any aom site makes me feel as if i am in a posh spa/ massage place somewhere in bangkok. i am surrounded by gorgeous uncut guys, being relaxed, making my mind wonder in an exotic yet safe environment.

    thanks for this cabana/ cyber niche/ healing spot/ digital oasis that you have just created. more power and more inspiration to you, AOMeus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello from japan!

    ... and that is the best way to know the best friend you could ever make in your life.... yourself!

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER

This blog is for educational purposes only. All images and text, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. If you own rights to an image/text and do not wish your image/text to appear on this blog, or would like for credit to be given, please contact me by E-mail or by leaving a comment and the image/text will be removed or credited immediately. aom soul food does not endorse the content of blogs or sites which link here or which are accessible from this blog. This blog has no commercial intention whatsoever, is not sponsored or payed for. (E-mail Addy: braomATgmx.com )